St. Francis School

Title

St. Francis School

Description

Black and white image of a group of students, boys seated on a bench and girls standing behind them, all wearing corsages and bearing rolled up documents in their hands. All of the girls wear hats. A banner in the middle of the row of girls reads 'St. Francis School, Roy, Oregon.' Behind the students stained glass windows with clerestory openings can be seen in the outer wall of a building. St. Francis was the second parish church built at Roy, constructed in 1921 when the community's population had outgrown the original mission church.
[back] [pencil] 2 Mrs. Ed Meeuwsen, Banks Rt. 1, 1 7 x 5 Wall frame. Eight + 1 nine total. [stamped] Please Return All Proofs To Schramel Studio, Hillsboro, Oregon

Date Created

5/22/1938

Place

Medium

photographic prints

Language

English

Identifier

WCMpic_013037

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Five Oaks Museum at Research@FiveOaksMuseum.org.

Collection