Interior of Trinity Lutheran Church

Title

Interior of Trinity Lutheran Church

Description

Black and white photo of the congregation in the newly built Trinity Lutheran Church. The church was built largely by the congregation with donated labor, including dynamiting and then hauling the rocks used for the exterior from the quarry in Camas, Washington. The church was in use by the congregation from 1949 until 1996, when they relocated to a bigger facility elsewhere in Hillsboro. The city of Hillsboro purchased the building in 2000, and in 2004, opened the Glen and Viola Cultural Arts center in the building, named for the donors who provided the funds for the purchase and renovation. (See also WCMpic_012431, WCMpic_012430, and WCMpic_012424 for other pictures of this building in the same time period.)

Date Created

circa 1949

Medium

photographic prints

Language

English

Identifier

WCMpic_012427

Rights

Online access to this image is for research and educational purposes only. To inquire about permissions, order a reproduction, or for more information, please contact the Five Oaks Museum at Research@FiveOaksMuseum.org.

Collection